Old January 13th 17, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Renny[_2_]

Default inReach message latency

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 1:29:45 PM UTC-7, RR wrote:
I just "upgraded" from spot to inReach mostly for the ability to compose and address a message in the field (perhaps literally). When using it while fishing in the everglades, I found that texts never made it, and emails could be delayed by hours. The device would confirm that a message was sent typically inside of 10min, but not get to the recipient in some cases 6hrs later. Not what I was hoping for. I don't know if it was a system issue, or if any other inReach users had the same issue. The tracking seems up to the minute, but the messaging is not. Is it working for you?

Rick

Rick - I have used it for 2 years and the messages go out quickly with no delay issues. I would try it in town and in some other locations and hopefully, the messages will go out a lot quicker. If not, you may want to contact them to see what they say and recommend. I really do like the inReach so hopefully, any issues you have will be resolved quickly. Good luck! Renny