Old January 26th 11, 10:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
durabol[_2_]

Default Flyability of Biplane Flying Boat

I have been working on a biplane flying boat (similar to some in the
early 1900s). Rough weight estimates a fuselage/tail/controls 200,
Rotax 503/5Gal fuel 150, wings 150, me 225 = 725 gross. The reason for
the biplane configuration is for the large wing area (250sq.ft) I feel
will be needed to get off the water. Any opinion on whether this will
work? Perhaps I could get by with less wing area? I would also like
tandem seating if the design can handle the extra weight.

Brock