Old September 11th 18, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Accidents resulting from medical issues

Good post.
Age has many meanings. While statistics may state a cutoff, some go a lot longer and some are WAY overdue.
A lot depends on the pilot and whom they respect.
Some is genetics some is diet/exercise.
Please, listen to those that may have valid input and put aside your pride in determining your status.
I am approaching 60, I may not like some comments, but I will weigh them.
Yes, over 40 years flying gliders, ex CFIG, gold with 2 diamonds, couple thousand hours in sailplanes, nothing more than torn off gear doors.....
"Suck it up buttercup"...,, listen to those that may have valid info.
Flying solo, sucks for your family and friends, but you may be happy.
Flying rides or instruction, different ballgame.

Just something to think of.
Not judging one way or another. Sorta YOUR choice as PIC!