Old July 6th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
B A R R Y[_2_]

Default Landings Carthage, Jackson and Madison MS - Video

On 2008-07-06, B A R R Y wrote:
You've NEVER had the bar slip past the next (or all the way to the
floor) notches? You know, your finger has a touch of pressure on the
button?

This happened to me on my Archer checkout with the club's chief pilot as
CFI. I just pulled the first notch back in while holding pitch attitude, and
wiped away the sudden sweat. Keep flying the airplane, and it'll be fine.

Were you crossing the threshold @ 40 AGL and seconds from a landing?

I agree it's not such a big deal at altitude. Personally, I want to
avoid leaning over to grab the bar at the moment I mentioned above.

Thursday afternoon, I landed in a varying 45 to 60 degree crosswind 15
gusting to 27. With my luck, that would be the day I drop the bar. 8^(