Old March 4th 04, 09:14 PM
Tarver Engineering

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:31:57 -0800, "Tarver Engineering"
wrote:

"Scott Ferrin" wrote in message
.. .

Agreed. I wasn't putting this forward as something that is likely to
happen,
just what might happen if the Raptor program was terminated.

Yeah, I figured as much, which is why I pointed out the big

conditional
"if"
in your post; not sure Scott caught that.

Yeah I got it. I think I was overwhelmed by the spots in front of my
eyes and the onset of tunnel vision at the thought of "cancelled
F-22".

Even if the USAF gets the 160 F-22s, the F-35 will have to pull much of

the
F-15's current duty. It is not as though the F-35 with a high level of
capability is optional.

snip of completely unqualified opinion

As determined by Splapsy.

As defined by your lack of any connection to the discussion at hand, Ferrin.

Any way the F-22 program turns out now, I will have been correct in my
agreement with the Congressman for California that the program should have
died in '98. The F-35 is going to have to do the job, outside some USAF
F-18E buy.