Old January 14th 21, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default First glider Nimbus 2 ?

On 1/14/21 5:20 AM, Andreas Maurer wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 15:02:28 -0800 (PST), Piotr Mis
wrote:

Hi Martin
thanks for your hints, but Wings and Wheels is not an option for me, as I am from Poland, central east europan country on the other side of Atlantic . My hunting ground is www.segelflug.de, pracitaclly the only market for second hand gliders in Europe.
My budget is somewhere in the middle between 15kUSD and 10 kUSD, really modest but still I believe I can find something to fly.

Hi Piotr,

plenty of really nice gliders in your price range on segelflug.de.

Think twice about an ASW-15, DG-100G, LS-1, and Standard Cirrus. Or
treat yourself to an Astir and have plenty of money left for a lot of
flying.

I'd dare to predict that one of those will be lot more fun in the long
ruin, and all of these gliders have one huge advantege: They can be
sold easily if you should decide to upgrade in the future.

Another huge advantage, is they don't have that all-flying tail, which
was quickly designed out of the Nimbus line, for good reason.