Old December 7th 03, 12:19 AM
resident cynic

I've read all the reponses available to date, ans I haven't seen any
recommendation for my favorite -- AnywhereMap. This software runs on a
many PPCs, and works really very well. It is explicitly designed for
aviation use, rather than being an auto/marine base with aviation overlays.

Look at www.anywheremap.com

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003 11:32:09 -0600, "RD" wrote:

Good day,

Can someone give me an opinion on what type of GPS unit is good enough for
me. I'm a GA pilot, very low time, looking for a decent GPS to take along
for some X/C flying in the rentals. Just need to see highways and cities
etc. I'm not very worried about airspace as there isn't much around my local
airport and the charts do a good enough job.

1. Are basic GPS modules such as the ones you take camping/fishing good
enough?
2. What about PalmPilot/Windows CE based hand held units?
3. Is it worth buying a decent Garmin model?

What are your experiences?

Thanks,
Ryan