Old November 27th 03, 05:26 AM
Helimech

I guess that's why Bell still has the 2 year calendar life on their straps.
Bit of a overkill but I guess they never want to see those days again. JC

"Stan Gosnell" wrote in message
"Helimech" wrote in
:

About 2 years ago Herman Hospital in Houston, TX lost a BK117 due to a
M/R blade loss. They were on approach, I seem to recall about 100 ft
AGL, and broke a TT strap (badly corroded). The M/R gearbox left the
aircraft and all 3 souls were lost. This was the first time a blade
had slung in the BO105 (same head) or BK117 history. Then I remember
years ago Donald Trumps Agusta A109 lost a blade up in NY with several
of his VP's aboard. All were killed. Then there were the M/R spindle
problems with the S76 when it first came out. Your right though, a M/R
separation is very, very rare. JC

I had forgotten about the Hermann ship. The BH206 also had TT strap
problems when it was new, and shucked a few blades, IIRC.

--
Regards,

Stan