Old December 7th 07, 12:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default "Braking Action: Nil"

Poor instructor was startled by the yelling, but since it wasn't
screaming he adapted quickly and agreed it was quite a sight.

Yep, we few humans who have had the fortune of witnessing a moonrise
from altitude are, indeed, truly blessed.

In the summer I've seen the moon when it looked like a giant orange
orb, so big that you could reach out and grab a handfull of moon
dust. And in the winter I've seen it crisp and clean, with its more
sharply-defined features looking cold and brittle in the sub-zero
air.

It's one of the things I truly miss about night flying.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA