Old July 21st 05, 06:00 PM
Hotel 179

"john smith" wrote in message
.. .
I learned today that the TSA has a rule that prohibits a passenger from
purchasing a new ticket on a flight departing in less than two hours if
that passenger has no luggage... even if the airline of a connecting
flight has lost your luggage.

------------------------------------------------reply-----------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and I were flying the airlines home in December but because of the
weather we chose to arrive at the airport much earlier than usual. The very
nice lady at the ticket counter offered to get us on an earlier flight so we
checked our luggage and traded our tickets. When we got to the TSA
choke-point, the TSA folks looked at our tickets and pulled us aside to do a
pat-down.

I guess that we looked the part of a couple of middle aged school teachers
on vacation because the TSA supervisor took the time to explain that the
reason we were patted down is because of the code on the ticket. If you
change tickets within some time period before the flight (30 days??), you
are automatically singled out for a pat-down. In this case, it was the
airline that made the ticket change. The supervisor explained that if this
ever was ever the case again, make the request at the ticket counter that
the code be deleted. It's up to the airlines to make the change. I thought
that it was nice of him to let us know that jewel of information.

Stephen
Foley, Alabama

Stephen F. Pearce
Foley, Alabama