Old January 11th 04, 02:38 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:YO1Mb.18495$na.16379@attbi_s04...
I'm still trying to figure out how you and Vlado got that Jacuzzi into

the
Mustang....and where the hell you put it!!! :-))))

Vlado told us that when you remove the armor and weaponry from a Mustang,
the C.G. would be "off".

So, we put the Jacuzzi in where the machine guns used to be! :-)

He was right about the cg. The civilian 51's have a different cg than the
military versions and have to be handled carefully on landing because of it.
Putting a "cuzzi" in a 51 might not be a bad idea at that. I know Clay Lacy
used to fly around with a huge stuffed Snoopy dog in the back of his purple
"Omni" sponsered Mustang. The girls LOVED it!!!
You know, I think your idea, and what you have done with it is just great.
My wife and I talked for many years about doing something similar but we
just never did it. I knew a guy once who did what you have done. His name
was Bill Whitsell, and the place he put together was Flying W Ranch in New
Jersey. It's still there, although not nearly what it used to be. It had
everything! Airplane shaped pool; horseback riding; a beautiful strip; a
great full service restraunt; and a hotel upstairs. I was instructing there
for a while for him. Bill was a retired Eastern Airlines pilot. I remember
Bob Cummings, the movie actor flew in one day in a D18 Beech and Bill got
him involved in the place in about five minutes. We took the Beech in trade
on an Aztec, and Cummings liked the place so much we thought he's never
leave! :-)

How are you doing with your life's dream out there Jay? I hope

everything's
going well with you and yours and that the venture is taking off for

you.

We had a fabulous first year -- we didn't go broke! (As anyone who has

ever
started a business knows, that's pretty unusual...) In fact, we were so
danged busy that we fell WAY behind in our remodeling schedule. We had
hoped to have 10 - 12 theme suites done by now -- instead we've just

opened
out eighth...

We DID add a new meeting room that we hadn't planned on, however, so I

guess
you could call that our "ninth" room. (It's decorated with cool vintage
United Airlines ads from the 30s and 40s, by the way, in commemoration of
United's key role in the development of Iowa City's airport. It's amazing
what you can find on Ebay!)

'Tis now the "off-season," however, so we've got plenty of time to work on
the suites, without too many of those pesky guests around to get in our

way!
:-)

Sounds wonderful! Best of luck with it.
Dudley