Old April 28th 05, 04:25 PM
Dylan Smith

In article G67ce.31010$NU4.15176@attbi_s22, Jay Honeck wrote:
Certainly. And I guess you can crash the A380 like any other plane if you
really want to and act accordingly.

I wonder if they've addressed the rudder pedal boost, which was apparently
much more sensitive than necessary?

In the A380? Only at most 4 people in the world have actually
manipulated the controls in-flight. Since they are testing the plane, if
the rudder pedal boost is too sensitive - well, that's the point of test
flights to work out these sorts of bugs.

All technologies have their problems - we've had one A300 go down due to
a lost tail, but we've also had two B737s go down due to unexplained
rudder hard-overs. Overall, both Boeing's and Airbus's records are
outstanding.

--
Dylan Smith, Castletown, Isle of Man
Flying: http://www.dylansmith.net