Old April 7th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default CAD drawing for DG instrument panel...

Marc Ramsey wrote:
Before I draw up my own, I'm wondering if anyone out there has a CAD
drawing for a DG instrument panel (non-motorglider, 300, 600, 800S, and
possibly 100/200 panels should all be usable). I want to use an NC
machine to cut a new panel face for my DG-600. If anyone has a drawing
for any panel with correct standard instrument holes (altimeter, in
particular), that would also be helpful...

Thanks,
Marc

Marc,
I've got a DG-600 non motor and a buddy of mine & I (more him than me)
cut a panel on his CNC mill last season. We used I think .090
aluminum . We used the old fiberglass panel for a templett, cut the
outline, used a hand brake to bend the lower mounting flange, the upper
and side flanges to secure the pod cover. If there is enough interest
he's willing to cut more of these panels and can cut to your specs. I
had him cut 3 large holes, 80mm in the top row and 2 rows of 57mm
below plus 4 circuit breaker holes and 1 master switch hole .
you can contact me at r.barry at sbcglobal dot net.