Old April 16th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WTB: used tail dolly

Word of warning! After a particularly muddy, ploughed
field landing, a rock and some mud got lodged in the
hole for the tail dolly of the Astir. 'I'll just push
my finger in to dislode the rock'...well, lets just
say there was a moment when your stomach sinks and
thoughts go through your mind 'Can I fly with 4 fingers?'
Luckily the little stone did move enough to get my
finger back out...

At 22:36 15 April 2006, wrote:
You know, they're designed to prevent you
flying with the tail dolly by falling out after you
lift off, then they bounce up and prang the glider
to remind you not to do it again ?