Old June 13th 07, 01:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default LLC ownership of airplane -- another twist

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jun 12, 4:13 am, Ron Natalie wrote:
Douglas Paterson wrote:

Bottom line, I've decided NOT to hold ownership of my (as yet
theoretical)
airplane in a corporation.

If there is only a single owner/pilot then a corporation doesn't do
anything really for you other than add another layer of hassle.
Corps. help out with multiple people involved in the aircraft but
only to the point where they weren't involved in the actionable
incident.

Yes, and depending on the state that can be a big hassle. In
California (and New York I believe) you have to file with the
secretary of state every year (and pay a fee). You have to pay state
franchise tax (in California its $800/yr for an LLC or corporation
regardless of the state you are incorported in), plus you have to
maintain meeting notes (otherwise the courts will invalidate your
coporation when you need it).

.... And these are precisely the reasons I've decided to forego
incorporation. Agreed on all points--and, thanks again to the group for
giving me enough pointers to come to that conclusion!
--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight