Old January 17th 18, 06:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Tying down a fiber glass ship.

have only done an occasional overnight tiedown. you have screw in rings for the tiedown points on the wings?

what kind of trailer do you have? if you start wanting to deal with covers and stuff to preserve the finish while leaving the glider tied down, you might find that it is just as much work and time to just put it in the trailer for the night.

But for a flying weekend, it is awfully nice to just come out on day 2 and the glider is assembled and ready to go. I get that. If the overnight weather is pleasant I don't think you're going to have too many issues.