Old September 24th 06, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Vaughn Simon

Default Favorite technique for removing rusted screws??

"Michael Horowitz" wrote in message

Before attempting to remove these screws, I apply PB Blaster and let
them sit 24hrs. then I ensure the screwdriver slot is clean.

Good so far. A tiny bit of tapping on each screw may be a good idea, or
may just be wasted effort.

Then
sometimes the screw backs out nicely; other times the screwdriver
slips out, beginning the process of rounding the head.

At that point stop! Get out your Dremel with one of those thin, fragile
little cutoff wheels and cut the slot a litle deeper and square it off at the
bottom before you try again. If it is a Phillips head, just cut a new flat slot
across the head.

Vaughn