Old August 6th 03, 11:58 AM
Badwater Bill

Because it's dangerous? Isn't that the point of experimenting, BEFORE
you fly it? Even then, isn't it better than sitting in your own
excrement until the nurse comes while you wait to die at the end of a
boring life. (Yes, it is a horribly mangled attempt to paraphrase a very
good sentiment.)

I liked it. You have the right perspective. My motto from Heinlin is
to Take Big Bites of Life, Moderation is for Monks.

And as a final statement, try a thought experiment. Assume all the
dreamers dissappear. Given that people who participate here represent
an extreme wealth of knowledge, what will happen to that knowledge?
Will Jim Weir just randomly drop pearls of wisdom (I know he does in
Kitplanes, but I mean here for free)? Will Veedubber just mindlessly
throw out information on why you can't get 2,000hp out of 50cu. in.?
What will be the sounding board?

Good points...all.

I say let the dreamers share what they're thinking. And let the rest of
us try to keep up.

You see, your in the wrong place for this, for the most part. Be
careful. I've seen a lot of information passed on here over the years
that's actually directed people to do dangerous things, especially
some of the maintenance comments.

BWB