Old July 6th 12, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default flying LPV with Garmin G1000 & King KAP140 WAAS

wrote:
I'm a little new to this airplane and tried to fly an LPV approach on autopilot.

I had the approach activated and was outside the FAF at approx 30 degree intercept, when I pressed AP, then APR. It turned on course properly but never captured the glide path. What am I doing wrong?

thanks

Rick

Were you below the GS when it intercepted the lateral course? I can't
help much beyond that because I don't know the autopilot. But, most
autopilots with only intercept a GS from below.