Old November 1st 05, 03:16 AM
john smith

Default Landing Judges wanted....

You shouldn't need power on the approach nor additional power in the
flare.
I fly 180 degree, power off approaches in everything I fly.

I find that once I am in ground effect, if I don't carry some power, the
plane drops like a brick, especially with back seat passengers on my round
out to flare, thus adding 25 rpm power in my flare.

This sounds like you are flaring/rounding out too high.
If your timing is right, you should only be inches above the surface.
The trailing link gear on your aircraft will provide smooth landings.
I have 20-30 hours in a friends A23-24.