Old November 1st 05, 03:52 AM
john smith

Default Landing Judges wanted....

In article ,
A Lieberman wrote:

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:16:49 GMT, john smith wrote:

The trailing link gear on your aircraft will provide smooth landings.
I have 20-30 hours in a friends A23-24.

You are so right about the above.....

There has been a couple of landings, where I said "I guess I am on the
ground" *smile*.

When you do it right, the gear makes you look like a pro. When you do it
wrong..... well suffice it to say, it ain't pretty.

It is all about getting used to what the "sight picture" looks like when
you are just sitting on the ground. These are your cues as to how high
above the runway you are.
Learn to use the picture over the nose and your peripheral vision.
Find a runway and a sunny morning or afternoon with the sun behind you
that will project a long shadow that you can see out the side window. It
is easier with a high wing aircraft because you can see the shadow of
the wheel and close it is to the ground.
With a little practice, you will determine the proper wing shadow
placement.