Old February 11th 07, 05:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Roger[_4_]

Default First-hand video of a BRS deployment.

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 23:28:38 -0000, Jim Logajan
wrote:

Jim Logajan wrote:
wrote:
Amazing video...

I just noticed that the pilot appears to have been following another
aircraft (white winged). At least that is the way it looks because the
white area moves relative to the ground at times.

Further followup with a bite more info:

Here's what appears to be the full cockpit video from collision to
touchdown:

They called it a "near collision. Unless the other video shows contact
this one does not. They appear to be about 30 to 50 feet apart.
Did they or did they not collice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_JAg1ZedGo

This site I could get to with no problem.

My question is, "why pull the chute" if they didn't collide, I don't
see any reason for the chute excpet panic.

According to the comments, he was flying a Rans S6. Also, the CNN video was
also posted to YouTube, and based on the dates of those postings this
appears to have been reported back in December (around Christmas) of last
year.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com