Old September 26th 04, 07:39 AM
C J Campbell

"Montblack" wrote in message
"C J Campbell"
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable

cause(s)
of
this accident as follows:

The dual student's intentional suicide by exiting from the airplane

during
descent. A contributing factor was the psychological condition of the

dual
student.

IIRC, it was a darn funny thread!!!

What? It's not like the guy landed on anyone :-)

The only thing I remember about the thread was whether the instructor
could/should have prevented the man from turning himself into a human lawn
dart and whether the instructor was telling the truth that he did not notice
the man opening the door.

Of course, anyone who would try this probably could not care less if they
landed on someone. People who are that depressed are invariably so wrapped
up in themselves and their imaginary problems that the rest of the world
barely exists for them. In fact, one of the reasons they kill themselves is
to hurt others. "They'll be sorry when I'm gone" is a common refrain.

It is really too bad. Depression is often treatable and usually temporary.
Most people suffer varying degrees of depression at some time in their
lives. It would be a heck of a note if we just let them all kill themselves.