Old September 27th 11, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default Gliding in Africa

On Sep 27, 6:30*am, Paul T
wrote:
Planning on taking a little bike trip around Africa starting next year.
Would like to do some gliding on the way.
*Apart from the well known clubs and operations in South Africa and Nambia,
*I've found that there are gliding operations in Morroco, Tunsia and
Eygpyt. Don't know if they still have the gliding outfit in Kenya - and I
geuss there are no operations left in Zimbabwe, anybody know?
Anybody know of any other Afican countries where there are gliding
operations?
*Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Zimbabwe is ruled by a ruthless (some say mad) dictator who enforces
control over the country and people with gangs of vicious armed
thugs. Anyone with any sense has already left (most Zimbabweans are
now in South Africa).

It is extremely unlikely that any recreational aircraft are still
there and in my opinion you are completely nuts even to consider going
into that basket case of a country.

Mike