Old August 15th 03, 03:39 AM
Ed Wischmeyer

I'm building a wood and fabric plane and would have loved to talk to
others about their planes but there were none to be found.

Well... the Grand Champion plans built airplane this year was a (wood)
GP-4 built by Bernie Griffin. In the ultralight area, they were working
on the wood wings of something or other, and there were a number of all
wood planes there. There was a workshop devoted to woodworking, I
believe. I saw at least two Falcos, one of them Reserve Grand Champion
from two or three years ago, and there were lots of planes that had wood
wings to go with their steel tube fuselages in the aerobatics area. Not
to mention the antiques that had wood wings.

Ed Wischmeyer