Old August 15th 03, 03:40 AM
BD5ER

It's just a sad truth that Oshkosh isn't affordable for the purveyors of
the small plans-built aircraft that got EAA started. The Broadhead
Pietenpol Fly-In usually happens a week earlier than Oshkosh, and it's
located in Wisconsin just like Oshkosh is

This sounds more like what I want from a homebuilder flyin. Maybe if they
don't mind some "outsiders" this little get together could be promoted to
others building planes from plans or very basic kits. I don't see anything
wrong with some Piets and Tailwinds in the same gathering and maybe the Piet
owners wouldn't mind a little diversity.

I have no need of, or desire to put up with, all of the non aviatiion comercial
BS that has infested Oshkosh and don't plan to return until the ballance shifts
back to the HOMEBUILDER.

This year was my best Oshkosh experience in a long time. I stayed at home,
took the time and money I would normally have spent in Wisconsin, and worked on
my plane. Got a LOT done. All my brother got was rained on......