Old August 15th 03, 11:58 AM
Scott

Huh? I didn't see a single money box on any of the busses I took this
year...The shower facilities were just as crowded 28 years ago when I
started going to Oshkosh. I know it sounds expensive, but have you ever
gone to Disney for a whole week? I can almost guarantee Disney for a
week would be more expensive.

Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com
Building RV-4
Gotta Fly or Gonna Die!

Jim Vadek wrote:

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message
On 14 Aug 2003 17:48:02 -0700, (Lou Parker) wrote:

I'm building a wood and fabric plane and would have loved to talk to
others about their planes but there were none to be found. I looked
for manufacturers of wooden kits but only Fisher had the gonads to
show their product.
If the wood kits are as good as we are led to believe, why don?t they
show us what they have to offer?

Cost, most likely. We had a recent post that a small booth in the
swap-meet area was about $1500, and a small display booth inside the
hangars was over $2000. I don't know how much an outdoor display spot is,
but suspect it's over two grand, as well. Add in the expense of
transporting your wares and people, finding housing for your employees,
etc.

I have been going to OSH for the last 5 years, but I get the distinct
impression that the EAA is screwing just about everyone it can screw. For
instance, airplane camping and admission for the whole week runs into the
hundreds of dollars. What do you get for it? Overcrowded shower facilities
that are usually filthy and poor bus service from the North 40. That's all.
And then they have the collection box for more money when you get on the
bus... Food prices are way out of line too. At least gas was $1.99/gallon
this year - amazing what a little competition will do.

So where does all this money go? Or am I being unrealistic. Either way,
please tell me - I sure would like to know. Or is the EAA just another
greedy commercial enterprise?

-- Jim