Old June 26th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

Default Unpaved Landing areas

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:19:44 +0000 (UTC), gatt
wrote:

How often do you get to land or take off from something other than a
paved runway?

Hardly ever. Insurance policies increasingly prohibit it.

My home field (7B3 Hampton NH) is grass, and I'm insured!

It's certainly true that most of the airports I can reach are paved,
but 2B2 Plum Island MA has a grass runway at an angle to the tarmac. I
choose it if I possibly can because it's in much better shape than the
asphalt.

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollins www.FlyingTigersBook.com