Old April 13th 20, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Best option for electric self starting glider

I saw one in Robert Mudd's shop at Moriarty.Â* It appeared to be will
constructed and very roomy, but I think it's considered an ultra light
sailplane.Â* I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, but it's my
opinion, and only my opinion, that it would be more of a floater than a
runner.Â* But it would be nice to cut the tow rope, so to speak.

On 4/13/2020 10:37 AM, Duster wrote:
Any opinions on the Taurus Electro? Side-by-side, pylon, self-launch, trailer option for solar array charging, etc. They claim the profile of the cockpit/fuselage acts like a lifting body.

--
Dan, 5J