Old April 13th 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jld

Default Best option for electric self starting glider

Taurus is a nice glider. Very roomy, nice side by side configuration when flying with friends or for instruction.
It is very well build.
Typical WL with 2 pilots is 38-40 kg/m2
The cruise performance is similar to lightly loaded standard class.
The climb performance is more like a heavy loaded standard.
It would be an excellent 2 seater with a wing more specifically designed for soaring.With modern 18m wings would make it a fantastic 2 seater.
I know the 503 version.
I have never flown the electro but it has too limited battery capacity for my need. It would need at least 10 kwh batteries for comfortable operation.