Old October 2nd 03, 03:27 PM
CriticalMass

"Michael Isaksen" wrote in message
Can anyone recommend a source to replace the erratic Tach in our 79
Archer. I'm looking for "new" and have seen the Mitchell replacements
with custom markings as acceptable. But since this is for a club
airplane which is billed on Tach, I would like to get an identical
Tach
with both tenth and hundredth digits. I find this makes for less
fights over who pays the half digits.

Forget the old-fashioned analog, cable-driven stuff. I put a Horizon P-1000
digital tach in my Comanche and have been quite pleased.

See http://www.horizoninstruments.com/prod01.htm

Advantages of this instrument over the original unit FAR outweigh any
quibbling about who pays for half-digits.