Old April 30th 05, 02:13 PM
Jay Honeck

Ok.. so let me get this straight.. The shuttle didn't pass "preflight", so
the flight is being delayed for safety reasons and modify or update the
equipment just a little bit more..

Sure sounds a lot like you are miffed because they are trying real hard to
avoid a case of "get there-itis".

So what if its been 2 years.. the last time it was over 4, wasnt it?

If, after over 20 years of shuttle flights, they can't do a pre-flight
inspection in less than 2 years, I would just as soon NASA give us back the
billions we have given them (this year) so we can donate it to the Chinese
space program.

Look, I understand the need for great care after Columbia -- but it's been
TWO YEARS. The whole time, there have been over 10,000 people at the Cape
on the payroll, doing precisely...what? Then, just when everything is
poised on the pad for launch -- OOPS! -- we forgot to install the heater???

It's a national embarrassment.

We visited NASA in March, and were very impressed with the facility. I'm
glad they have preserved much of our Apollo history, and I'm gladder still
that there are so many people dedicated to space flight. It's our future,
and anyone with a brain stem knows it.

But, dammit, they've got to actually PERFORM. Now. Either sh*t or get off
the pot.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA