Old May 7th 05, 06:14 AM
BTIZ

same thing happens on floats and a water take off..

"John Galban" wrote in message
oups.com...

Friendly Skies wrote:
snip
Their
rationale is that doing it four or five times a day is unnecessarily

hard on
the engine and when its been flown in the last few hours there's no

need to
cycle the prop more.

I don't see why a runup or a short prop cycle should be unnecessarily
hard on the engine. If they're stopping that many times a day, they'll
get the procedure down to a few seconds.

In the backcountry, where there is often no place to runup without
sucking rocks into the prop, we often do the mag check early in the
takeoff roll. It's an extra step during a critical phase, but I
always feel more comfortable rolling towards the trees and rocks at the
end of the runway when I know all of the plugs are firing on time.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)