Old December 31st 18, 09:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

I am hopefully sitting in a Ventus 3 on Jan 12. We will see if I even fit, because even though I am extremely fit, I do have wide shoulders.

If I go with the Ventus, my best sustainer option will be the FES, which with me+parachute, will bring the empty wing loading to 8.23 lb/ft2 in 18M, and 9.05 in 15M. With the JS3, I can go FES with wing loading 8.47 and 9.22 respectively, or go with the lighter Jet, which with full fuel, would give wing loading more like the Ventus +FES, at 8.23 in 18M, and 8.94 in 15M......