Old January 1st 19, 09:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

Ditto.
FWIW, a look at the Czech Index List (handicaps) can give an idea of the Czech considerations about the performance of sailplanes, including all variants.
http://lkka.cz/sport/docs/CZIL.xls

While I really do love the FES system as an easy, immediate, nearly fool-proof sustainer, the performance as indicated by this Czech list seems to fall back one generation. In other words, V3F equals V2CXT.

Aldo Cernezzi

Il giorno martedì 1 gennaio 2019 11:33:42 UTC+1, ha scritto:
..... It would make no sense to me to try to squeeze into a small cockpit to gain significantly less performance than you are losing from the prop.