Old January 1st 19, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone test fly both the JS3 and the Ventus 3?

Ditto. (added small correction)
FWIW, a look at the Czech Index List (handicaps) can give an idea of the Czech considerations about the performance of sailplanes, including all variants.
http://lkka.cz/sport/docs/CZIL.xls

While I really do love the FES system as an easy, immediate, nearly fool-proof sustainer, the performance as indicated by this Czech list seems to fall back one generation. In other words, for example V3F seems practically equal to V2CXT and the same applies to all other types and manufacturers.

Aldo Cernezzi

Il giorno martedì 1 gennaio 2019 11:33:42 UTC+1, ha scritto:
..... It would make no sense to me to try to squeeze into a small cockpit to gain significantly less performance than you are losing from the prop.