Old February 5th 20, 07:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams[_2_]

Default Genuine Schweizer trailer question.

On Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 9:37:18 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 9:56:32 PM UTC-5, Scott Williams wrote:
While modifying our clubs Genuine Schweizer trailer to also retrieve a Grob 103, I noticed that the wing support cuffs mid trailer had two options for placement. One inboard and one outboard, difference of a couple of inches. for years we have been placing the wings on the trailer on the 'wrong side ' of the glider. IE, left wing on the right, etc.
Short of attempting all possible arraingments, does anyone know if this 'wrong side' is just a mistake of placement of the wing cuffs from years ago on our specific trailer, or, mandatory from a wing root support perspective for all 2-33s on a Schweizer trailer?.
Thanks,
Scott

The placement of fittings at the front of the Schweizer universal trailer makes it such that 2-33 wings go on opposite sides. A 1-26 on the same trailer goes "normal". Rear fittings do not move for us.
For other ships, your experience may vary.
UH

UH, thanks,
That is what I suspected, but like to have it confirmed.
Chip, Grob Spar stub problems go away if you add 4 feet to a Schweizer trailer and a drop & pin in wing spar support. Also relocate the axle.
Thanks everyone,
Scott