Old January 1st 04, 06:18 PM
RobertR237

In article , "John A. Weeks III"
writes:

Poor airmanship trying to take off when the conditions were not right. Is
that not the first lesson we are taught? Poor judgement, trying to be
clever and looking like complete as*holes.
Well done it was a good laugh.

The hope was to replicate the Wright flight on the day/time/place
of the historic flights from 1903. 40,000 people had traveled great
distances and waited hours in the rain. The flight team wanted to
at least give one flight a shot, despite the problems that they knew
of. I would think that you would congradulate them on taking a
gool old college try at the flight rather making fun of them. It
is easy to sit on the sidelines and take shots at others when you
haven't done anything of any significance yourself.

-john-

I agree. They always knew that the odds of recreating the flight were hugely
against them but I am glad they gave it a try in any case. Anyone who can't
see and understand that really doesn't appreciate anything about flying to
begin with.

Bob Reed

"Ladies and Gentlemen, take my advice,
(M.A.S.H. Sidney Freedman)