Old July 19th 04, 03:36 PM
Jim Burns

Where was I? We flew over to Hastings, just south of GRR to visit my
father in law on Saturday. Sunday he had plans so we invited my sister in
law and her husband to meet us in Kalamazoo to visit the museum. Had a
great time, then we flew home to Stevens Point, WI yesterday afternoon.

I was the 182RG that had to circle north of Kalamazoo's surface area until
the guy had time to give me a squawk. Then he called Mary and asked her if
she was the one standing by, but it was me. I entered right traffic for 35
and landed right behind you guys. You were off to the races to meet the
people your son was with so I didn't get a chance to say HI when you bought
your tickets, but you were right in front of us at the ticket counter!

Pretty cool museum, the new part I found more for the non-flying public, I
still like the old building with the WWII era planes. They need another new
building to make it less crowded for those. I was there last year and got
the chance to visit their restoration center, which is now closed to the
public, that was truly an inspiring experience.

I couldn't get over the art work on the walls and the floors of the new
building, absolutely beautiful. Like you said, the sims and the displays
are great, where else can you walk under the wings of an SR71??!!

Jim

---