Old May 22nd 05, 12:07 AM
Ernest C. Evans

I'm not a pilot but I was wondering why this plane went down "nose first"
??? I'm thinkin', don't these things have some gliding ability ???

i guess the pilot must've been too low to recover ..... Having an engine
quit on you is bad enough luck ..... but having it happened when you just
happen to be at a low altitude is even worse luck ! (

"Gary Drescher" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
Actually over Coney Island the floor of Class B space is at 1500 ft
(I'm looking at my NY chart).

Right, but just nearby the Class B is 500'(+). If the plane came from
there, it might still have been quite low (or it might've been low anyway
just to get a better view).

--Gary