Old October 9th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

Default OK, IF Backwash Causes Lift then...

Dudley Henriques wrote:
I've been watching some of these folks who are right on in the physics
department taking on this hot rabbit character on the lift issue.
Why the living hell anyone in their right mind would take the time to
deal with this from a serious standpoint is beyond my level of
comprehension.

I obviously can only speak for myself, but I post under the expectation
that the reading audience is more than just the person whose post I'm
replying to. For example, when I posted references to some of the material
on NASA web pages at least one person said they appreciated the references
and said they came away with a better understanding of lift because of that
material. And unlike the OP, left it at that.

Just because the OP of this or any other thread refuses to budge doesn't
mean followups are entirely futile. At least that is what I'd like to
believe. (But I do sometimes make the mistake that I should try to budge
the OP and then I post more than I should. Say one's say and try to leave
it at that - that's my modest goal.)

I've never seen so much utter bull**** in my life on a
serious flying forum.

This is a serious flying forum? Shirley you're joking.