Old March 16th 04, 12:03 AM
Roy Smith

In article ,
"Brinks" wrote:

I've been out looking at the early Debonairs with the IO-470-J or -K in
them. The books I've looked at and the info in TAP say they cruise at 148
knots (I'm assuming at 75% power), and I was wondering if there was anyone
out there who had any "real" numbers on cruise speeds. Thanks!

Chris

That sounds about right. My club has a 1963 Debby. We've since
upgraded it to a bigger engine (IO-520, 285 HP), but we used to have the
(225 HP?) 470 in it. I used to flight plan 145 KTAS at 65% power. Now
I use 160 KTAS, which might be a tad faster than it really does.

I plan our 300 HP V-tail at 170 KTAS.

When we still had our 152, I used to flight plan that at 90 :-)