Old September 8th 03, 04:41 AM
Tom S.

"Mike Rapoport" wrote in message
nk.net...
So is the "crew expense" include their salary and benefits or is it only
meals, hotels. rental car ect? If the plane fly's 500hrs a year that is

only
$67.5k for two pilots, their recurrent training (training will cost many
thousand per year and they will need transportation, hotel, meals ect for
the week that they are training) and a flight attendant? Even at

1000hrs/yr
the numbers don't work. The other bugaboo for jets is that on short trips,
fuel burn can be double. I'm not debating the figures since I don't have a
G-III but they seem low compared to aircraft I am familiar with.

For a Citation III :
http://www.omnijet.com/database/cit3...t3710costs.xls

When I was a student pilot, I saw an ad for a Commander 114B that claimed

cost of ownership of $2000/month. I called them to buy one and they
explained that the $2000 figure was after tax if you lived in the highest
tax jurisdiction. It also assumed that you got great deals on fuel and
maintenance. I think it also was net of the airline fares that you saved

by
flying yourself. I have been skeptical of suspiciously low cost claims

ever
since.

Notice they ALWAYS use the caveat "As little as $xxxx per month".

Expect the same hype when dealing with car salesmen as when dealing with
aircraft salesmen.

Or any salesman for that matter, or politicians...