Old August 7th 03, 02:37 PM
Bruce Gray

Goto your local auto body supply store and buy 3M Gold paper in rolls 3.5
inches wide and 25 yards long. Already has sticky stuff on one side. Just
cut and stick.

Bruce
www.glasair.org

"Corky Scott" wrote in message
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:19:29 GMT, Roger Halstead
wrote:

Where in the devil can I find sand paper long enough to use on my 4
foot long block sander? That and the adhesive for applying it.

I've been resorting to using shorter pieces and self stick adhesive
but I really don't like using 4 pieces of sandpaper.

I have a small bottle of the "self stick" kind that you smear on
sanding disks to use with a disk sander and it works fine for the
block sander, but I don't have much left and the only alternative so
far is going to be contact cement. That stuff is permanent! It'd
make changing sand paper a real bear.

All the stores I've found so far sell the sanding disks with the
adhesive already applied and no longer carry the adhesive.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Roger, I've found rolls of sandpaper, sticky on one side so as to rip
off what you need and stick to the sander at hardware stores. You can
also get that stuff at auto parts places, especial those that cater to
the auto body business.

Corky Scott