Old May 10th 04, 11:13 PM
Stan Gosnell

(Paul Tomblin) wrote in
:

I'm trying to improve my database generators for CoPilot and other
programs (see http://navaid.com/ and
http://xcski.com/~ptomblin/CoPilot/ for details). The problem I'm
trying to deal with is that the FAA is totally inconsistent on how
they name waypoints, DAFIF isn't any better, and there are literally
thousands of them. And because of that, I am having real problems
giving people a way to select just the types of waypoints they want.

I don't have a solution, Paul, but if you do find a solution let me know.
I don't use any of these very often, because I rarely fly on airways, but
it would be nice to be able to easily get what I do need. I have room on
my SD card for lots of waypoints, but the more you have, the longer sorting
and searching takes.

--
Regards,

Stan