Old November 4th 03, 04:08 AM
Regnirps

(MLenoch) wrote:

wrote:Hey Mary. I built a Rogallo "Bat Glider" of bamboo
and black plastic (with a
lot of strapping tape) in about '68. Ran off a hill side and smashed into a
tree :-)

We did the same thing in '69, but we used duct-tape.........we were funded a

bit more (my buddy had a job)!!
VL

Maybe we should form a club of the foolish yet still living! I think the plans
cost $3 and I later bought the Eiper hang glider plans for about $13 or $20.
$20 would have been a lot then, but they included construction details like the
bast way to strengthen a tube with an oak dowell : -)

I'm afraid my hole family as kind of that way. One brother races dirt bikes and
another (Jim Springer) is in the papers all over the country for the big
:"Friction Pitch" rescue in the Tetons, where he is head of mountain operations
and treage when he is up the the hills. I think he ran from 9000 to 13,000 feet
on this one and beat the copter.

-- Charlie Springer