Old March 11th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Judah

Default XM Weather - Sirius merger with XM Radio

"Roy N5804F" wrote in newsdMFh.7884
:

Sirius is making headway in merging with XM Radio.
No one seemed to be asking at the Anti Trust hearing whether or not Sirius
will continue to maintain the XM aviation weather services.
Or if they do, at what cost to the users ?
I would imagine that this will be another User Fee that is going to affect
our costs of flying safely.

The way I see it, Sirius has superior programming, and XM has superior
marketing and distribution. That said, I doubt Sirius will just shut down XM
altogether - too much equipment out there to make that possible. Especially
where XM has unique programming that Sirius doesn't have (ie: Aviation
Weather).

I do rather hope that they put that new wave station on XM, since my car gets
XM and the new wave stations on XM are pretty bad.