Old October 23rd 08, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Mike

Default KLN-90B

" wrote in message

One thing to think about is if you're going to have or want GPSS
autopilot
functionality and a GPS connection to the Aspen, you may want to see if
both
are possible. I'm not sure if the ARINC 429 will serve both GPSS and the
Aspen so this is a question you might want to have answered by a
knowledgeable avionics installer.

Hi Mike,

My understanding is that Aspen has built-in GPSS. It replace my DG as
my CIII auto pilot's heading system. A GPS feeding Aspen with roll/
GPS steering sentences in its ARINC 429 output should drive my CIII
auto pilot as if CIII having GPSS. That is my understanding, but I
have not been able to verify that with Aspen since they have not yet
replied my email.

That would certainly be nice if it does work that way.