Old November 28th 04, 03:45 AM
Jake Donovan

Red,

Oh how true.... LOL You know you've earned your "stripe" when this is less
green on your Nomenx Jacket than patches. :-)

Jake

"Red Rider" wrote in message
m...
Having enough patches on your jacket and suit, to look like a walking
billboard on old route 66, was better than a promotion. Any old salt Naval
Aviator, knew the importance that looking good had on your legend
ooops....... I........errrr....cough, cough....... yeah.......
reputation.

Red

"Jake Donovan" wrote in message
Woody,

I thought it sucked when the mandate came down only one patch per

shoulder.
The pen cover looked so nice with a TG patch.

:-)

Jake

"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" wrote in message
On 11/25/04 1:19 PM, in article
, "Rich"

wrote:

(Pechs1) wrote in message
On the news I see the American flag on the right shoulder of the
Army,
but it
seems backwards, blue field on the right instead of the left...

Insight?
P. C. Chisholm
CDR, USN(ret.)
Old Phart Phormer Phantom, Turkey, Viper, Scooter and Combat Buckeye
Phlyer

Blue field facing forward.

Rich

Or in the case of Navy pilots, just accumulate enough experience so
that
you
can cover one shoulder with a 1,000 hrs patch (or x,000 hrs as
appropriate)
and the other with a unit patch or TOPGUN patch if applicable. No flag
required.

--Woody