Old January 9th 07, 06:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default It's Nice Here ..... Mirage IIIO at RAAF Museum - Pt Cook 13

Flying Frog wrote:
Le [Jour] 08/01/2007, Dave Kearton a écrit :

Ah, just another worf: I'm a Mitage III fanatic, and I'm looking
for a nice Walkatounf of single and two seater Australian MIIIs. If
you know a way to have that for my website, I'm very interested.

Miammmmmmm! Dave, are you able to do walkarounds I'm looking for?

Definitely. The museum at Parafield is the closest one to me, next
time I'm down that way I can get whatever you want. My father (the
chubby guy at left of the Bloodhound's tail) is visiting me in March and we
traditionally do the museum tour.

Incidentally, the Parafield Mirage is the one that landed wheels-up at
Tullamarine in 1974, using the drop tanks for undercarriage. While
the plane didn't look too bad (considering) the RAAF wrote it off anyway.
It was restored a couple of years ago, the elvons look absolutely
original - but are crafted out of marine ply. Most of the damage was
done post-landing by RAAF techs souveniring or stripping parts for other
birds.

Please send me a small example of what you want - and remind me sometime
early March.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton